Authentication and account creation
Once you have configured the LTI/LMS settings, Moodle manages all aspects of signing in to Codio as well as account creation. All your teachers and students need is a Moodle account.
If a Moodle user has never used Codio before then an account will automatically be created when they access their first Codio course materials.
If a Moodle user already has a Codio account then provided the email address of their Codio account matches the email address of their LMS account the same Codio account will be used. If, however, the user has used a different email address within Codio, then a new Codio account will be created that matches that of the Moodle account.
Setup, configuration and usage
The following instructions are provided as short videos.
One time setup
You will not have access to the Moodle/LMS features unless you have an educational organization setup as explained in the video.
Important : Codio needs the User Role, Email Address and Name of the Moodle user in order to work. It is important that you access the LTI security settings and ensure that these three fields are always enabled.
Mapping Moodle Courses and creating Moodle Activities
This video covers the two key aspects of Moodle->Codio mapping…
- mapping your Moodle Course to a Codio Class, a one-time only configuration for a new class
- creating a Moodle Activity within a Course and mapping it to a Codio Unit
Using Codio from Moodle - student view
Explains how students access Codio from within the LMS.
Using Codio from your LMS - teacher view
Explains how teachers can access students’ Codio projects from the Codio Classroom or from Moodle.
Grading student work and grade transfer to the Moodle gradebook
This video shows
- how teachers grade student work in Codio
- how grades are not released to students either in Codio or the LMS until the teacher says so
- how grades are transferred to the Moodle gradebook once the teacher selects the Release Grades option