Codio Guides is a fully integrated content authoring tool that allows you to write rich teaching content using markdown (and html where needed).
If you created the account for your Codio Trial account then you will find ‘Demo Guides Assessments’ in your My Projects list. You will find instructions in the README.md file when you open the project.
If it is not there then click here to install it in your projects list. Press the 'Use Pack’ button to install.
Why should I use it?
If you are creating any type of coding tutorial or you are creating educational content, then you will find this enormously helpful.
- all content written using simple markdown
- create a wide range of assessment questions.
- create chapters of content that allow students to easily reset their code experiments back to its original state after experimentation.
- create any number of sections within your Guide.
- re-order sections with drag and drop.
- optionally style your own output with CSS overrides.
- specify files to automatically open with each section.
- highlight code blocks within your code referenced from your Guide section.
- choose from a selection of panel layouts.
- hide and show table of contents while in both edit and play modes.
- include guidance material for teachers that is not visible to students.
Click here to start reading.