Editing a unit
When you create a unit, a snapshot is taken of the Codio project from which that unit is taken. If you make a change to the project, the unit is not automatically updated. This is to ensure that any edits you are making are not seen by students.
When you are ready to publish any edits, you will need to refresh the unit. You can do this it either of the following ways.
- Select the unit from the listing and then press the Refresh Source button.
- Toggle the Edit Units slider, and press the Refresh Source button that appears next to the unit.
When you have refreshed the source project in the Course, you can then push the updated content to your students in your Class.
If you require students that have already started the unit to start again ‘as new’ you can:
- reset the unit in the class, either for the whole class or for individual students. See Reset Unit for more information
- instruct the student(s) to open the unit and then delete it (Project>Delete) and then start again from the class
If you would not require them to start the unit again from the beginning but just to see the updated content you can:
- update the unit in the Class selecting 'Update Unit’ from the 3 blue vertical dots to the right of the unit listed in the class. See Unit settings and actions for more on this.