The desktop app is to allow a local code workspace to synchronize with a Codio box.
A Codio account is required
Click here to go to the download page and install to your local machine
Starting the app
You can check by logging into your Codio account in your browser and you will see the server domain noted there
Having selected the server log in using your codio credentials.
Note: that if you usually access Codio through an LMS, you may not have a Codio account password set. If that is the case, go to the online login screen where you can go through the lost password process to define a codio account password. We would then recommend you log into your account online and change this password to one you will remember in the future. Setting a Codio account password will not effect or change how you currently access Codio via your LMS
Accessing and connecting to your online content
When logged in you can access your content either from My Classroom or My Projects area
connect - to pull all the code from the selected unit to a folder on your PC that you define.
Open in Codio - to open the unit in your Codio account
When connecting, browse to a folder on your PC where you would like to store the code and pull the content
Managing your offline content
When you have connected you can then push/pull/open the unit in Codio and manage the local workspace folder settings.
1. Click the pull button to pull content in from your Codio account. Note Any files you already have stored locally will be overwritten
2. Click the push button to push the content from your local workspace folder back to your Codio account. Note This will overwrite the project/unit in your Codio account
3. Click the Open in Codio button to open your unit in a browser tab. This can be useful if you wish to compare what you have stored locally to what you last pulled from your Codio account
4. Click the folder icon to manage your local workspace folder settings
Local workspace folder settings
1. Click the Open the folder button to open the folder containing your local files
2. Click the Change folder button to change the folder storing your local files. Note the content of the previous folder will not be automatically copied or transferred to the newly selected folder. If you wish to do this, you should return to the previous screen and pull to that new folder
3. Click the Disconnect button to disconnect the unit from your Codio account. You will be returned to the previous screen where you can then connect the unit again if you wish