To see your Guide running, you need to Play it. This is done from the ‘Tools->Guides Play’ menu option.
At this point the panel layout is set up automatically according to the layout specified in the first Guide section and the first section will be displayed.
Within the player various options can be controlled by the user
- Navigation Buttons allows the user to navigate forward/backward in the guide.
- Settings allows the user to change the Theme (light/dyslexic), set the font size, reset both the theme and fonts and to restore the current files (see below). See Dyslexia Support section
- Units allows the users to navigate easily to other units in the course.
- Increase/Decrease Font allows the user to incrementally increase/decrease the player font size.
- Show/Hide Section List Hamburger Icon allows the user to show/hide the section list.
Restore Current Files
The Restore Current Files feature is a great way for students to reset/restore any files on that page to its initial state after hacking sample code around. Students can restore their files from the menu as shown below.
Currently, it is not possible for the author to use this feature as it only works when it is used by a Student within a Class. For an author to test from the viewpoint of a student, you will need to
- Create a Unit within a Module. If the Unit already exists, locate the Unit within a Module and enable the Edit Units slider. You should then click on Refresh Source.
- Click on the Unit you want to test. You can then select the button 'Test Unit’ which will create a copy that you can run with the same access privileges as a student would see, including the ability to restore files.