Unit settings and actions
There are several actions that can be made for an individual unit.
- Open a unit as a teacher, which allows you to see Guides pages and solutions that are only visible to teachers.
- Hide grades from students for the selected unit
- Run the plagiarism checker
- Pin or Unpin a unit from the student dashboards
- Download grade information to a CSV file
- Update a unit
- Access the LTI integration url
- Disable a unit, hiding it from student dashboards
- Edit a unit
- Delete a unit from the class
- Access all the settings from a single settings page
The following settings are also available from the settings screen.
- Access the grading rubric template
- Assign a Gigabox (boxes with 1GB and 2GB memory allocations) to the class. This requires you to have purchased a number of Gigaboxes for your organization.
- Autograde the unit, which automatically transfers the auto-graded assessment total into the grade field
If you are in the main units screen for a classroom, you can access commonly used actions from the button with 3 blue dots as shown in the image below.
If you click on the button, the commonly required settings and actions are shown in the menu that appears.
You may need to make changes to a project previously added as a unit to the class. Select Edit Unit to do this where you can
- change the source location of the unit (if you have created a new project),
- update the Stack used in the project,
- change the name of the unit,
- change/update the description
- change the image attached to the unit
- the ‘Refresh Source’ button (if you have updated the original source of the unit),
- you can also delete the unit from the class here as well.
If you 'Refresh Source’ you will have the option to also push the changes to students who may have already started the unit and when they next access the unit, the new content will be available for them.
This option will allow you to push updates to students who have already started the unit where you are not the author/owner of the unit (e.g. Any updates made to the Codio Recommended Content). You do not need to run this if you are the author/owner of the unit and selected the option to push the changes when the source was refreshed.
To access the actions and settings, you can use the Settings option from the blue dot button menu. Alternatively, you can click on the unit itself and then select the Settings tab beneath the Unit name as shown below.
Additional actions can be exposed by clicking on the Actions button.