Acceptable Usage Policy
Acceptable Usage Policy
Your use of the Products and/or Content is subject to this Acceptable Use Policy. If you are found to be in violation of our policies at any time, as determined by Codio in its sole discretion, we may warn you or suspend or terminate your account. Please note that we may change our Acceptable Use Policy at any time, and pursuant to these Terms, it is your responsibility to keep up-to-date with and adhere to the policies posted here.
We may suspend accounts or require a paid subscription or additional payment, at our discretion, if Users exceed the following soft usage limits.
- Codio is intended for development purposes and may not be used for production purposes
- Any User project that generates sustained, high levels of load will be suspended. Repeated infringement by an individual User will result in that User’s account being suspended
- Excessive bandwidth usage by a User will result in that User’s account being suspended
- Data storage is subject to a soft limit of 5GB across all projects for each individual User. The maximum permitted storage for any individual project is 5GB. Existing Subscribers Generation 2 Boxes are not effected. Generation 1 Box size will be reduced. Codio reserves the right to change these limits at its discretion.
- The maximum amount of RAM memory is restricted to 512MB per project. . Projects that require more RAM may be purchased at an additional cost.
- An individual User may not have multiple projects open simultaneously.
- Codio projects run on shared servers. Project CPU usage is distributed across shared servers in the Codio CPU cluster. Codio makes no assurances as to the absolute level of CPU performance for an individual project. Additional and assured CPU capacity may be purchased separately.
- Each individual User is responsible for writing code that does generate not cause high CPU load levels on Codio’s servers. We will suspend individual User accounts that generate excessive, sustained CPU or bandwidth load. Codio reserves the unilateral right to determine acceptable CPU and bandwidth thresholds.
- The Content displayed and/or processed through your application or other web site utilizing the Products shall not contain any of the following types of content:
- Content that infringes a third party’s rights (e.g., copyright) according to applicable law;
- Excessively profane content;
- Hate-related or violent content;
- Content advocating racial or ethnic intolerance;
- Content intended to advocate or advance computer hacking or cracking;
- Other illegal activity, including without limitation illegal export of controlled substances or illegal software;
- Drug paraphernalia;
- Denial of Service attacks;
- Fork bombing;
- Malicious content;
- Other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third-party rights.
- In addition to (and/or as some examples of) the violations described in the Terms, you may not and may not allow any third party, including your end Users, to:
- Generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email (“spam”). Such activity includes, but is not limited to:
- sending email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act or any other applicable anti-spam law;
- imitating or impersonating another person or his, her or its email address, or creating false accounts for the purpose of sending spam;
- data mining any web property (including Codio’s) to find email addresses or other User account information;
- sending unauthorized mail via open, third-party servers;
- sending emails to Users who have requested to be removed from a mailing list;
- selling, exchanging or distributing to a third party the email addresses of any person without such person’s knowing and continued consent to such disclosure; and
- sending unsolicited emails to significant numbers of email addresses belonging to individuals and/or entities with whom you have no preexisting relationship.
- Send, upload, distribute or disseminate or offer to do the same with respect to any unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content
- Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- Conduct or forward pyramid schemes and the like;
- Transmit content that may be harmful to minors;
- Impersonate another person (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any email;
- Illegally transmit another’s intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner’s or licensor’s permission;
- Use the Products to violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Promote or encourage illegal activity;
- Interfere with other users’ enjoyment of the Products;
- Sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit the Products for any unauthorized commercial purpose;
- Modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Products;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Products;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Products’s administration display;
- Use the Products in connection with illegal peer-to-peer file sharing;
- Display any Content on the Products that contains any hate-related or violent content or contains any other material, products or services that violate or encourage conduct that would violate any criminal laws, any other applicable laws, or any third party rights;
- Modify the Codio logo or any other company marks; or
- Use the Products, or any interfaces provided with the Products, to access any Codio Product or service in a manner that violates the Terms or other terms and conditions for use of such Codio Product or service.